Monday, 7 July 2008

Board Book Process pages 3 and 4


Here are some pages of my board book that I am stuck on. 
I was able to do some successful transfers with black and white photocopies and acrylic medium. I like the way the white parts just don't transfer. On these pages I am okay that the people ended up kind of green. I like the slightly unreal quality. The memories are neither especially good nor bad. It charts some of my relationship with my brother and sister.
I tried to do clouds with water soluable oil pastels, but didn't like the scratchiness so I brought in the magazine clouds. I like the extra colour.
I could bring in some brown. I want it to look rather monocoloured, but it is too green at the moment. Any ideas?

5 comments:

A Print A Day said...

hmm...what if you do different tonal greens maybe? or add cyan? i actually like it as is.

what exactly is a board book. is it like a sketchbook?

DeeDee said...

It is a project that Suziblu suggested where you sand down and repaint a child's board book. Click on board book in the post and you will find a bit more.

The different greens could be interesting. Thanks Yasmine.

Jerdleluvsjapan said...

Where is the green? Is it on the board book behind the transfers? I actually like the green. Maybe you could do each page with a different colored background...

DeeDee said...

I painted the board book pages different colours before I started. If you click the board book link you will see the start.

But now I am not feeling like keeping the pages so bright. I don't know what I am going to do with the red pages. I might glue some decorative paper over the top.

Jerdleluvsjapan said...

Oh, I see. I like that. If you don't like them as birght, maybe you could do the raw umber thing like you show in pages 9 and 10 on your last post. It toned the color down and looks really nice.