Thursday, 7 August 2008

I am Having so Much Fun!!!


I  have been having so much fun in my inspiration journal, my visual journal, my ideas journal - I don't know what to call it. My art journal. Yeah, my art journal.
I have been doing Caspiana's soul journal prompts. They're great for trying out new stuff. I find I get a bit antsy with too much direction, so I am going off on other tangents on other pages. Sometimes it is ideas from Suzi blu's journaling videos, sometimes ideas I have that I want to play with. 
I have quite a few pages started and am starting more new ones. It will be interesting to see if I go back and finish them off. I think I will.
I find that I want to draw. I get bored with too much collaging. 
Here is a page from Caspiana's prompts that is really fun (her prompt, not my page so much). You make a picture that represents your home and give it a pocket cut from a paper bag. The pocket the house really. Then you put something in the pocket... I haven't done that bit yet.

It's a great idea. I just lost interest a bit. I would like to do something similar with a made up building. I get more excited about fantasy than reality. 

7 comments:

Welshcake said...

Wow. I know I don't post all that much, but I LOVE this! It's always nice to see wording or pieces of torn out books in a picture... and those lil' kangaroo's are so cute :)

Your latest journal pages really do look like you're having fun.

miz katie said...

"I get more excited about fantasy than reality."

i do, too!! reality tends to draw me down. but fantasy lifts me up..especially if it gets really crazy. :)

nollyposh said...

Lol DeeDee and that's what we LUV aboutcha! X:-) Vicki x
(ps) I'm still 'Lost in Space'... weird!

Jerdleluvsjapan said...

Wow, this is cool. I checked out the Soul Journaling site and I think I'd like to try this although I will have to go all the way back to day one. But, that's do-able. Your work is terrific deedee and it's obvious that you're enjoying it. Keep it up!

Connie said...

I am all about your journal pages chica! Love them with a passion! I need to check out that blog you keep referring to. Awesome work!

Peace & Love.

Simon Says Stamp said...

so beautiful! Can I feature your work on our blog?>

Sydney said...

LOVE these pages -- Wonderful!