Monday, 22 September 2008

Another Way to Begin a Journal Page

Here is another way I like to begin a journal page. Draw with crayon on your page. I didn't gesso the page first, but you could if you feel like your page needs a little more strength. Put the crayon down on parts of the page but not everywhere. 

Then do a wash of paint. I used acrylic and watered it down a bit.

If you want to see where I have used this technique before, it was on the 'girl with hare' journal page.

Next time I will  show you what I did after this on one of the pages we have already begun.

Go here if you want to see another way to start a journal page. 

6 comments:

carlikup said...

Ooooooh I'm loving this DeeDee :0)

Carla

DeeDee said...

thanks Carla, knowing that keeps me going.

Ginger said...

This is very pretty! Wish we could draw like you. Mum said you are very artistic.

mrsb said...

What a gorgeous blog! I love it!

Connie said...

B E A U T I F U L!!!!!!!

Peace & Love.

manamoon said...

Gorgeous work! Found you through What I Made Today's posting. All the best ~Sharon