Sunday, 7 September 2008

Real Yummy no sugar, no flour Carob Fudge

this is probably the only recipe you will ever see on this blog. I can cook, but it is not where my creativity lies. I cook so I can eat. But this was requested by the charming Maggie Crawford, so how could I refuse?

Carob Fudge

1/2 cup to 1 cup dates (depending on how sweet you want them)
1 cup water, divided
1/2 cup carob powder
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp vanilla

Cook dates in 1/2 cup water until very soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside. Combine 1/2 cup water with carob powder in small saucepan. Boil carob mixture, stirring, 5 minutes until making a smooth paste. Combine dates and remaining ingredients. Press into 8 inch square pan. Refridgerate. Cut into squares.

6 comments:

tascha said...

This sounds delicious! I was looking for carob chips the other day at Whole Foods, and I couldn't find it. They must have it! I'll have to look closer. These look so yummy!

DeeDee said...

You will need carob powder for the fudge. The advantage of the powder is you don't have to worry about what kind of fat they have used in making the chips.

Chocolate Candy Lover said...

Hi DeeDee,

This looks like a very interesting recipe. I'm not a huge fan of carob, but I have a lot of site visitors who love it and want an alternative to chocolate.

Would you mind sharing this recipe with them? You can either add it yourself using the form at http://www.chocolate-candy-mall.com/carob-candy.html or, if you'd rather, perhaps you could give me permission to add it for you.

I hope you'll say yes. :)
Angie

~ maggie crawford ~ said...

HOOOORAY!!!

after a breakfast
like i had today
this is soooo
terrific..

i'm so happy..

:)

i will let you know
just how scrumptious
it is !!!

yummmm

Walk in the Woods said...

This looks *really* promising and I have some amazing organic carob (and coca too) at the ready! Just have to get to the market for unsweetened coconut and some organic dates.

What a nice gluten -n- dairy free option!

miz katie said...

I've got to try this. I love the taste of carob. mmm..gotta find some powder.