Wednesday, 1 October 2008

a Journal Page Using Photocopies

I thought I had better finish up this page. Do you remember? The directions for the beginning are here. We started with crayon and an acrylic wash.
First I made a border around the two pages with water soluable oil pastels.

Then I cut up some colour photocopies. Inkjet prints can run if they get wet, so I prefer to use photocopies because you have more flexibility. 

I photocopied this page out of my journal and reused the hare. I had photocopied Vicki's picture before I sent it to her. So I cut out the one boobed fairy. (They are small relatives of the famous Amazons). I glued the cutouts on their new background, and presto! a new page!
I wrote the quote in my wonderful Hybrid Gel white pen. I love being able to write in white. Others say you can use white out pens, but I find them clumsy and blobby.
A few rub ons and some black pen to emphasize the border. 
I wonder if these pages could use more?

What have you guys done with your journal pages? Did anyone try either of the journal page beginnings?
Don't forget, you can link to this page. You can do this by clicking on "links to this post" and then click on 'create a link' and a new post will come up for your blog.

4 comments:

RyoJul said...

I like the way this came out. I don't think it needs more added to it. It might seem crowded if you add more. I especially like the fairy. Anyway it's up to you, if you decide to add something else or leave it as is.

nollyposh said...

and there she is again X:-) she is a clever little faerie i LOVE that she dwells in the 'in-between' X;-)
xox

DeeDee/Zom said...

She dwells in-between cause you and I do!

Gia said...

I'm so glad I found your Blog. I love it. It's exactly what I was looking for as I do paint, but am just beginning Art Journaling. Thank you!