Saturday, 27 December 2008

Nolly Posh Journal Page

This is my first journal page named after a person. That person is the wonderful Nolly Posh. She and her beautiful Chrissie package inspired this page. I used bits from the wrappings, cards and her family newsletter to make this page. 

It came together so quickly that I forgot to do my usual show-how-it's-made scans. But it is all just cut and paste. The background is tissue paper wrapping and the rest are cut from the wrapping paper, card, the tag, etc.

The page looks all sweetness and light which it certainly is. But when you read what is written ( a quote from a powerful book Nature and the Human Soul by Bill Plotkin) there is depth, and a recognition of darkness with the knowledge of how to transform that darkness. Much like the wonderful Vicki herself.

11 comments:

nollyposh said...

Oh WOW! and honored i am to have such a beautiful piece of art in my name... i love the quotes, very powerful truths... Thankyou my hunny *kissez* vicki xox

~Barb~ said...

It is wonderful in every way, visually and in sentiment. Very lighthearted at first glance but so deep in meaning. Awesome!
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Chris said...

Wow, that really is powerful. And it's an honor you are paying. That's a great idea. I look forward to trying this kind of dedication myself.

Thanks for sharing.

luthien said...

yo! this is one amazing piece of work zom!

nanakin1 said...

Yes, beautiful, strong and thought-provoking . . just like Vicki and just like yourself! Zom, you know just how to arrange all the pieces to make me stop and take a closer look, then come back and experience it again. Thank you.
Hugs and peace,
Nancy (nanakin1)

Kimmie said...

Zom, beautiful!

Walk in the Woods said...

Wonderful!

carlikup said...

Love it! ... I know, I know, you've heard me saying this before,but I love everything you do!

面对面视频斗地主 said...

Read your article, if I just would say: very good, it is somewhat insufficient, but I am

still tempted to say: really good!
Personalized Signature:面对面视频游戏,本地棋牌游戏,本地方言玩游戏,打麻将,玩掼蛋,斗地主,炸金花,玩梭哈

Zom said...

Hello 面对面视频游戏,本地棋牌游戏,本地方言玩游戏,打麻将,玩掼蛋,斗地主,炸金花,玩梭哈 and welcome to my blog. I am very happy to have you visit.

fishing net said...

It seems my language skills need to be strengthened, because I totally can not read your information, but I think this is a good BLOG
landing net