Friday, 30 January 2009

My Classes

I am excited about these classes. For several years now I have had the knawing feeling that there was something else I needed to do, to express. I loved creating my art and that felt really right but it wasn't the whole shebang. I was getting the same message whenever I had any kind of intuitive or psychic reading. It was bugging the hell out of me.

I am teaching two classes. One is called Creativity will Change your Life and the other is an Art Journaling class. These are in-person classes in Byron Bay, Australia. If you want to know the practical details just click on the name of the class.

From the beginning, teaching Creativity will Change your Life felt fantastic. It felt so right to be sharing what I know out of my own experience. I wasn't looking at how any one else had taught ( I wasn't aware of anyone teaching something similar.) I approached the class like I approach my art, trying to express the truth and trusting my intuitive hits. Maybe that is why it was so much fun?!

I think Creativity will Change Your Life is the class I wish I could have attended when I was beginning - or even later. A class that takes you on the actual journey of creativity. It isn't about skills like how to draw or paint, it is about how to go into the actual process of creativity. It might sound a bit crazy, but I think creativity is where we access another realm. It is an unfamiliar realm for a lot of people, but not unknown. It is where we go when we dream, or meditate. Maybe other times too. It is when we visit the wild natural realm of our inner selves.
We are so much bigger than we realise.

The realm is like a huge magical forest from a fairytale where anything can happen. And we can go there. 

We knew how when we were children. We all knew how. And we can all go there now, whatever our age. We just have to be willing, and of course it is easier (and a bit less scary) with some guidance. A guide who has been there, and visits regularly. (Guess who?)

We will be using what I call an Ideas Journal in the class. But the emphasis will be on how to access our creativity rather than skills.

That is the Creativity Class. The Journaling Class is less about the actual process of creativity and more about stuff to try in playing with the creativity. Ways to bring that forest over to this realm (day to day life). We will be making art journals like I play with in this blog - using techniques I have written about -and more. 

That feels like enough. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

12 comments:

Billy and Button said...

I know exactly what you mean about selling. I just opened up an etsy store and just started sharing photos of my art with friends on facebook. I am still breaking a sweat- I get soo nervous. I want to share but get nervous about what others will think! I think the most important thing is you are doing what you love and are excited about that and sharing it with people. I think if people see that, nothing else matters!

PJ's talking2.... said...

As soon as I realized I don't & won't make everyone happy, it was a wonderful thing. I don't want to appeal to everyone. I'd be boring... ugh! You're not selling yourself, you're offering a class. Something in your heart you know you're good at. Look how many followers you have on this blog. That's a testimony in itself. That's just part of the people that you're commuicating with/reaching/touching. As my friend Mary says, Own It, PJ.
Now, since I can't come to you, I will be the first one to sign up when you offer online creativity classes. I want to be first!!! xo PJ

nanakin1 said...

I hope you offer these online someday :D
Hugs,
Nancy

~Barb~ said...

Zom, it's like you took a page out of my head. My husband has been hounding me to give some art classes here in our little, tiny Alabama town. There is no art of any kind offered here and he sings my praises so high (gotta love him for that) and swears that if I gave a class on creativity (pictured in my head, much like what you've described your "Creativity will Change Your Life" class to be), it would go over like crazy.

I'm just afraid.

How'd you get up the nerve? Do tell cause I would love to spread the art and creative spirit but fear is holding me back a bit.

I know you will change so many lives with these awesome classes! Kudos and congrats!

Peace & Love,
♥ Barb ♥

Zom said...

Thanks you guys. I would love to have you both in an online class.

Barb, don't wait until you aren't afraid. Just do it anyway. Start with a small class of people you know. If you are really nervous, maybe just a few friends. Give them free classes if that is the only way to build your confidence. When you see how much they get out of it you will find more "nerve".
Feel free to email me if you want to 'talk' more.

nollyposh said...

Awwwwhhhh i want to play tOO!

miz katie said...

Thanks for the paint tube advice, Zom. I was being lazy and didn't want to walk through 3 rooms to get to the water faucet. See where that got me. ha! I deserve to have a broken tube. heehee

lynne h said...

zom, if i were near you i'd come play, i mean take a class... xo

tarabu said...

It takes guts to share your gift - congratulations on helping to change the world.

Renee said...

Lucky lucky students. Here she comes, your amazing and caring teacher.

Renee

Walk in the Woods said...

Gee ... if only you weren't on the other side of the world ... :)

Chris said...

Hey, if I could get to Australia, you know I'd be taking that journaling class!