Saturday, 18 April 2009

Don't Want to Play it Safe Journal Page

This is one of the first journal pages in my new, larger journal. It is A4 (205mm x 295mm) size. I love it! I love working in the larger size. Nice, big pages. It is a lot to fill up but I like that. I am doing a lot of writing. Sometimes I just put down a background and then fill the entire page with writing. Not especially attractive or anything. 

Here, I will show you:
This is the previous page (confusing huh?) It isn't all writing, but you can see that it is very plain. (Except for the red lace tape. I love the lace tape. but it is so expensive here in Australia. winge, winge.) 

I like the freedom of some pages being very plain. Some crowded with stuff. It is so fun to be inconsistent! (I am using lots of exclamation points in this post, I must be excited.)

I have often started my studio journals, and now my art journals, with an intention. Or perhaps it is more of a wish. 
This time, I didn't plan to have an intention, it just happened. Not wanting to play it safe is my intention for my art at this time, and is not limited to my art journal. But if I can't do it in my art journal, I won't be able to do it in my studio.

5 comments:

luthien said...

that's a nice journal! good to see you journaling again :))

Debrina said...

My journal is my creative dictionary. If I'm stuck, I turn to it. If I need to get started on that blank canvas, I turn to it. I love the fact that you're going "RAW". That's what it's all about, isn't it? We dream in our sleep and sometimes nightmare, a journal should be a place for dreams, light and dark and somewhere in between.

Sydney said...

I love what you wrote on the first page especially -- being vulnerable while strong to me =Grace.... that's the word that popped into my head when, as I read your page, if I'd ever experienced being both at the same time.

I do think good things come out of having more space. It gives me much more room to flow and breathe and put it on the page.

I like the grounding that intention brings. Intention really has a way of panning out.

The Gypsy said...

I agree it's great to be inconsistent .. it's the best part! I agree about being RAW - trying to be more raw in mine.

Paper Relics said...

I am just getting into art journaling myself, and I have to say that I love your pages - very inspiring. Very happy I found your blog.

http://besottment.typepad.com/besottment/journaling/