Friday, 8 May 2009

I Love the Crows Journal Page

I have been experimenting with different approaches to my art journal pages. This is a very basic, mostly collage page. These pages are easy and quick, and work well as a kind of interesting visual for the writing. But I must admit, I get bored with this technique quickly. 

The background was done with about six layers of acrylic paint. I don't really like the darkness of it, though it worked with the mood of the crows. The writing is from Scott Alexander King's book, Animal Dreaming.

2 comments:

Karin said...

Very cool page, and kind of wild - I did crow pages the same day :) The info you shared is almost identical to what's found in the medicine cards that I quoted! Don't you love those universal messengers?!

The Gypsy said...

I like this - darkness and all. I guess we get bored of after a while of some techniques, but I like to try them anyway and them maybe mix 'em up to come up with something new :-)