Today was the day. I did my minimum of weekly housework. Got grumpy when my DH wanted me to move some books. I was rarin' to make time for my first lesson: found stencils and spraypaint.
Finally got out the spraypaint. Picked a level spot in our large yard, moved out a small table from my studio. Newspaper collected. Retrieve out my way-too-old half face protection mask. I know I should have replaced the filter, but Bunnings didn't have the brand. So I had my fingers crossed that it would still be okay. My found stencils are not impressive. A few scavenged building bits and one doily. I like the idea of using lace, but didn't have any. I did score some great magnetic letters at a garage sale.Hey, the stencils look cool. It could be fun -- but it wasn't. I hate wearing the face mask. It hurts my face. It is uncomfortable. I hate the smell of rubber. I felt woozie afterwards. Was it a lack of oxygen or weren't the filters working? I remembered the days I wore that mask in the past, when I was oiling out our windows. I was very grateful for the protection, but I hated it.
What was I thinking? I am the super sensitive type. I eat organic food and have a special diet. I can't even drink black tea for heaven's sake. What was I thinking, imagining that I could use spray paint??? Even in my studio I feel weird from the low toxic painting medium. I can feel the electromagnetic field from my computer. How did I ever imagine I could use the severely toxic medium of spraypaint?
It was a 'completely forget who I am' moment. Do you ever have those? When you start imagine doing something that you are completely unsuited for? something that anyone who knows you would say "what were you thinking?"