Monday, 7 September 2009

Let's Get this Show on the Road

Okay, I am cranking up the gears. Let's do an experiment. I am tired of creating in my A4 journal, I want to move onto something new, a smaller journal. I want to work differently.

So, this is an opportunity, right? Time to throw caution to the wind, or something like that. I think a page a day might not be possible, but what about just cranking up the speed? Speed journaling, tee hee.

Anyway, in the spirit of the dash, here are a bunch of beginnings. Let the race begin.

Multiple layers of acrylic paint done in my class today
Stenciling with fabric dye over acrylic paint over gessoed book pages.
Acrylic paint and homemade stamp
Gessoed book pages. Something about a princess.
More stenciling over acrylic paint. On the left is some embroidery.

Anyone want to join me?

11 comments:

Lesley said...

Fab pages just ready for some arty delightfulness! You go girl!!!!
Lesley x

Walk in the Woods said...

"... speed journaling ..."

There's something in that phrasing that REALLY resonates with me. Hmm ...

WrightStuff said...

Ooh yes please. I'm going to start now while the iron is hot! I'll post another comment when I've done some!

Artiste Nouveau said...

Hi Zom,

Thanks for the lovely comment. Here's what I'm attempting with my "page a day". I'm actually going to try to do a page a day for a year. You want to talk about daunting! Here's more info:

http://artistenouveau.blogspot.com/2009/09/art-journal-page-day-here-we-go.html

lynne h said...

i like it zom... what you've done here and the idea of 'speed journaling'. it's seems like it's *so easy* to get bogged down in the 'making it look good' thing. well i feel like that... i got a china marker this weekend and drew with it (no pencil first), and then just colored it in with oil pastels -- quickly! that felt so GOOD! so freeing! speed journaling... yep, i really like it...

xo

nollyposh said...

YeY! X:-)

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

What a wonderful exercise in playing with delicious color! I spent last night watching several videos on You -Tube on journaling processes. I ran out today and bought some new Derwent metallic pencils to layer messages and sacred marks. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

The Gypsy said...

Even though I love this idea, I seem to be having commitment issues :-)
Why is it that when it comes to mt art/creativity I can't dicipline myself?

Eveline said...

There are some really fast journalers out on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/fridayeudaemonism

http://www.youtube.com/user/artandsoul2

Have a look there if you're stuck!

Zom said...

Show us WrightStuff!

Artiste, you certainly don't have commitment issues. I imagine wonderful things will come from a year of page a day.

Gypsy, maybe it is just masquerading that way. For me it is usually fear that stops me.

Eveline, I will have to check those out. Thanks.

Apple said...

I love to speed journal. Just to get things on paper makes me feel like I am accomplishing something artsy everyday (even if I don't finish a page)! Love your backgrounds!! :)