Thursday, 10 September 2009

Most of My Writing is Not a Quote

Most of the writing in my Art Journals are not quotes. If there aren't quotation marks around it and a name at the end, it isn't a quote.

Someone commented and said "I like the quote about..."
It wasn't a quote. I wrote it. I like to actually write in my journals. My art journal, my writing, my opinions, my words.

Sometimes I write things that sound like someone else told it to me, in that case it is either my higher self or angels. I don't know which.

There now you know.

7 comments:

Walk in the Woods said...

I do the same. And often, when I read them back (if I do at all) I wonder where the words, the insight, the undeniable wisdom came from. It is very mystical, magical ... spiritual. :)

Theresa Mayhew said...

I am so happy to find your blog. I love the idea of creating a journal with artwork. I can't draw a stick figure, but could use magazine images and digital photos.

In the Light and Sound,
Theresa

Zom said...

I am so glad you found my blog too. And you are right Theresa, you don't have to draw.

Check out my old posts for ideas of lots of things you can play with without drawing.

Theresa Mayhew said...

I will do that. I'm very excited about using this to enhance my journaling. I just learned a technique for changing my way of thinking/attitude by drawing a simple stick figure with a current feeling and then drawing it again with the attitude or feeling that I want for myself. Very powerful stuff.

Apple said...

I do the same thing. I do use alot of quotes, but I also just write my own things as they come to me.

nollyposh said...

Of course! (Those tricky angels!)

cookievf said...

Hello! Popped over from FB and l-o-v-e this post on using your own words. Thanks for the encouragement and love your page(s) that simply use written word! - vicki from CT, USA