Wednesday, 9 September 2009

Speed Journaling -Two More Pages

More pages that were already partly done. Still, I got them finished. It was interesting working in brown - not a colour that I am inclined towards. But I like the monotone look. And the bit of red works nicely I think.

Both pages are painted over a collage of book pages. Then a light coat of gesso, then acrylic paint. I like the background of faint type and half-seen images.

The green and blue buddah is seen through a cut out window. I haven't posted those pages yet. Maybe tomorrow.
Here is the right page. I can only scan a page at a time in my big A4 journal.

The drawing is the one that I mention in my previous post. The one above is the original drawing, then I photocopied it and used it on another page. See if you can spot the differences.
Colour is the obvious one.

6 comments:

Lorelei said...

Beautiful pages... the difference is that you changed the amount of hair hanging down. Love the squirrel... and the do anything quote....

Zom said...

Well spotted Lorelei, but even more than that...

Lorelei said...

Plain Jane brown dress vs. pretty pink posies.... I think I prefer the sepia brown with white over the other.... beautiful work and beautiful words...

Zom said...

yes - and so glad you like it.
The final difference is I reduced her hair that is swept up as well. It was fun cutting it off and seeing how far i could go and it would still look 'right'.

nollyposh said...

i like the brown... and the words

Zom said...

Darling Vicki, it is You.
You are a mystic. that is why we love your words.