Friday, 30 October 2009

Changes are Coming

It was fun to change the magazine girl with gel pens, but it's not as much fun as drawing. Less collage, more drawing, in my new art journal.

I am uploading some of the pages that I haven't posted yet from my big A4 art journal. I want to start showing you my new A5 art journal, where the pages are coming faster. Smaller and faster, I like it.
I like using writing as visuals. And I love this quote, so powerful from the poet, Rainer Maria Rilke. (jeesh, I spelled his name wrong on the page.) I did a post on how mostly I don't use quotes, but sometimes it is irresistible.

Change. I love change. Good thing, cause that is a lot what being creative is about. Doing stuff you haven't done before. But don't get me started on a creativity rave, (at least not yet, ha ha.)

I am talking about blog changes. At the beginning, I decided to make this blog about art journaling. I did a lot of tutorials for a while, and people liked that. Now that I am teaching regularly, the tutorials aren't so interesting to me. I am not ruling them out, but I think I want to expand the scope of this blog.

I am not completely sure what that will include, perhaps more of my life and inspiration as a professional artist? Certainly more talks about creativity and much posting of art journal pages.

9 comments:

lynne h said...

love these pages, zom... (and yeah, sometimes quotes are irresistable) xo

iHanna said...

Beautiful pages, and yes, a blog is a changing thing too, let it evolve!

Have a great weekend!

The Gypsy said...

Great to have a change, I've also decided to use more of my own words & photos in my journals rather than images from mags.

Love the pages, and would love to hear more inspirations from the professional artist you.

La Dolce Vita said...

I love changes too! and yes some quotes truly are irresistible!

Lesley said...

Love what you have done with the magazine girl!
Lovely pages and totally different from each other!
Lesley x

Zom said...

Maybe magazine pictures are a bit like quotes...

Cynthia said...

Love your use of typography and how it appears to be layered. Can't wait to see more!

nollyposh said...

YEY! X:-)

Zom said...

The first layer was book pages gessoed over. Then spray stenciled letters, then writing with gel pens.