Sunday, 11 October 2009

I'm No Action Hero Art Journal pages























I thought that I would show you what happened to some of those speed journaling pages. I wrote that post about a month ago, I wasn't all that speedy, eh?

These are the pages that began with stenciling over acrylic paint. Then I tried out some embroidery. That was fun, sewing through the pages. Though it was rather bitsy for the A4 pages. The jumping picture is from one of my paintings. It is fun to copy photos of my paintings and reuse the images.

The writing is mostly about my struggle to accept myself, a prevalent discussion in my morning pages.

7 comments:

Julie-ann Bowden said...

Wonderful journal pages. So special to see your heart and mind written and made beautiful!

Jacky said...

Love these journal pages and that image from your painting is lovely. Nice to include some imagery that is very personal to you.
Aaahhh...know what you mean about the house work/maintenance...making the time for art and housework...trying to prioritise. I just cant get the balance right.
Enjoying your journal pages.

Jacky

La Dolce Vita said...

these are great pages, love to use the past imagery in my work too, it makes for a rich entry that is all my own... and love your last quote! I will try to remember that!

Zom said...

Thanks for commenting all of you.

Jacky, my priority is art always. I can't help it. But I do occasionally do a little housework, tee hee. I just feel guilty a lot.

La Dolce, not a quote. In this post I talk about quotes http://pinchmetoseeifyouaredreaming.blogspot.com/2009/09/most-of-my-writing-is-not-quote.html
I am glad you liked it.

Lesley said...

Lovely art pages and gorgeous imagery. Stunning colours.
Lesley x

Renee said...

You are so amazing in so many ways, what is not to accept.

Love Renee xoxo

Renee said...

Brilliant: we make ourselves to busy to savour our lives.

xoxox