Sunday, 22 November 2009

Beat it Out of You Art Journal Page

Here are pages that I didn't get around to posting from my 'big' art journal. I am kinda missing the A4 size. *sigh* - never satisfied.

This is a post that I did earlier about starting these pages.

The writing on the pages is about my new painting series. It is inspiring to reread it. It brings me back in touch with my original inspiration. As you work on a series, it can be easy to lose touch with your initial impulse as you go down other alleyways.
I have been worrying lately about a gallery for the new work. I want to just let it go for a while and immerse myself back into the paintings. Too much information coming in from the outside, not enough from the inside.

5 comments:

lilasvb said...

nice to have your work back, i like to follow it, i miss you and byron...this red heart is powerfull

Lesley said...

Fabulous pages, very evocative. It's good to look back and re-assess retrospectively.

Lesley x

noye studios said...

your pages are wonderful!!! is the heart from a stencil you cut or free-hand? either way, i just love them!

Zom said...

It is a homemade stencil from Mary Ann Moss's stenciling class. Isn't it fantastic? Here is a link to her blog http://dispatchfromla.typepad.com/dispatch_from_la/

noye studios said...

hi Zom, thanks for the link. I'll check it out. I've been cutting stencils all day but I'm always on the lookout for different techniques.

And to answer the comment you left on my blog, I define outsider art as art which is created outside the boundaries of the official art culture. It can include self-taught or Naïve artist though it doesn't always, depending upon their individual circumstances. Typically, those labeled as outsider artists have little or no contact with the mainstream art world or art institutions.