Monday, 2 November 2009

I am Sad Art Journal Page

I was feeling a lot of sadness about the world we have created the day I made these pages in my new smaller journal.

I wrote: I am feeling so sad today about this culture we have built. Why didn't we create a loving culture? Why don't we make our decisions based on what is most nourishing and contributes to our happiness? It is such a wonderful planet and people have such an amazing capacity for creativity, wisdom and love. But it is actually difficult in our culture to develop these qualities. The whole society could be set up to nurture us in developing love, wisdom and creativity. It needn't be any more difficult than what we are creating now. It wouldn't be more work. It might be easier because it would be more natural. Sure, we would make mistakes, but we could just keep going back to our initial intentions. We could weigh each decision by "will this help nourish wisdom, love and happiness?" Slowly, slowly we would go.

Notice the angel with the broken wing. I didn't see that when I was making the pages, only later.

6 comments:

nollyposh said...

But yet there is still ~Hope~
(((hugs)))

La Dolce Vita said...

your pages are so beautiful, thanks for sharing your feelings with us.

lilasvb said...

thank you, you gived me motivation
hope we can keep in touch

Lesley said...

Oh that's so lovely. Thank you for sharing it with us. Beautiful journal page.
Lesley x

A rambling rose said...

A beautiful journal page and words to match - I suppose we all have days when we feel this sadness but there is also beauty and joy in the world and we can each contribute what we can on the joyful days

Zom said...

absolutely there is Hope and there is Love (and beauty and joy!)

My sadness stems from a deep belief in the inherent goodness of Everything. I grieve for what we are not living.