Friday, 13 November 2009

Rats and Angel Art Journal Page


I had a big disappointment this past week. After working on my new series for months, the gallery that I was sure would offer me a show, didn't. I had been hoping for this specific gallery as I know the owner to be honest, straight forward and good at what she does -- she has sold many of my works.

I have been thinking about the idea that everything happens for the best. It seems pollyanna, simplistic and self-absorbed to me. Everything doesn't automatically happen for the best, but I do believe that we can make whatever happens into something positive. I want to do that with this.

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Well, I have heard before that if you get too comfortable with yourself ... CHANGE. Maybe this is to shake you up a bit. But I am sorry ... disappointments are not 'fun' ... so a hug to you(even if you don't know me,lol)

La Dolce Vita said...

oh I know those bitter disappointments well. I employ the same philosopy and to those who say I am a pollyanna, I just say ... well pollyanna had a wonderful life!

lilasvb said...

it is hard to be an artist, proposing works and th works are sometimes not " valid" by those professionnals even when we worked hard for it. i know how does it feel. its hurts.
be yourself, this is what i repeat to me when it does happen to me. be free
i think of you... and give you energy

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I can feel your pain and sadness and I remember how I would crawl under the quilts when I received a "non-acceptance" letter from an exhibit or gallery I was so sure my work would have looked oh so good in. Yes it is sorrow but it does make me work...work even harder to stretch my experiences and processes. Stop and take a breath and just allow the quiet to calm your wounded soul. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

nollyposh said...

Are you detached enough from your actual pieces? (ie) Ready to let them go yet? i don't sell any if on some level i am too attached to my dollies... and those Rats (according to S A King) are survivors & know instinctively what do do to survive... Perhaps for this new series you need new space/energy too? <3

Zom said...

Such loving advice from my bloggie friends. Hugs to all of you.

joseph's art and stuff said...

i've had simular experiences. but the gallery later came back and the owner wants me to do a show of my sketchbooks and sketches. more importantly i love how you put these together, great pages in your journals!

Zom said...

Thanks Joseph. I love your drawings.