Wednesday, 25 November 2009

Someone Special Art Journal Page

This is my version of scrapbooking.

I have never been one to put my photos in albums. They are jumbled into a big plastic box that fits under the bed. I tried to make an album of my wedding photos but lost interest. I ended up throwing it away.

I have never been much of one to take photos to document my life. I don't know why. I mainly use my camera for reference shots for my painting.

I put this spread into a scrapbooking competition on Scrap 'n Craft with T, a lovely woman that sells scrapbooking supplies near where I live. The competition forced me to try some new techniques that I don't normally do, like using felt and beading.

I got disqualified in the first round.

Still, I quite like it.

11 comments:

lilasvb said...

your post is nice, like the purple and the draw behind your puppet's picture

Lesley said...

Disqualified! How could they do that to Otis, who is totally adorable. I love these pages and I think it puts a different twist into scrapbooking.
Lesley x

Karin Bartimole said...

Oh, I love Otis, he's got so much character! and your pages - they make me smile :)

noye studios said...

I like it. I like Otis too. :)

Zom said...

I forgot to put a link to the wonderful artist, Carmen Hogue, who made Otis. She has other rabbits and mice on her site for sale. http://carmenhogue.com/

~Barb~ said...

eh, they didn't have any taste...I adore it! (And I'm not a scrapbooker/album keeper either. *shrug*)
Happy Thanksgiving!
Peace & Love,
~Barb~
Craft Therapy

lynne h said...

surely they didn't disqualify you, zom! no way!

love these pages...

xo

nollyposh said...

i ~Love~ it! <3

lilasvb said...

paper' from bag is a great idear to play with in your art journaling class, thanks for motivation

Connie said...

You know, I definitely think there is a line between scrapbooking and art journaling. There is a definite distinction and intention that is different about the two. To me, scrapbooking is all about getting it nice, neat, orderly, and flowing together cohesively to document an event (like a wedding) or one's life. Art journaling--it's a bit more reflective of our inner world--where things can get messy, and not seem so nice, neat, and orderly.

Scrapbooking is like your house when you're inviting guests over for a dinner party. Art journaling is your house on a day-to-day basis.

That's my humble, Creative Juicy opinion, and I"m sticking to it.

Peace & Love.

PS I'm not one for scrapbooking myself--or cleaning!

Zom said...

Connie, I like your definitions, a LOT.

Especially love where you write:
it's a bit more reflective of our inner world--where things can get messy, and not seem so nice, neat, and orderly