Sunday, 6 December 2009

Our Art Journals are for Us

Our art journals are here for Us. They are not another thing that we have to do 'right' or make look good. They are here to serve us, nourish us, play with, and be whatever we need. In that way, they become an agent of our soul rather than our ego.
Nothing wrong with the ego, we need one in order to function in the world. But it is not who we ARE, and there is plenty that we do in the service of the ego, to serve how we see ourselves. It is some other part of us that needs our art journal. A part that is bigger than who we think we are.

A part that contains everything we think of as Me. Not really a part at all.

13 comments:

suki.luvs.u said...

Very beautiful spreads!
Lotus
lootsvele@yahoo.com

Zom said...

Thank you Lotus. The top one I never finished. I just lost interest.

I tried to leave a comment on your blog, but it wouldn't 'take'.

Zom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Poetic Artist said...

I like these journal pages..You have so much inspiration going on.

Zom said...

Very perceptive Poetic, both these spreads are connected to inspiration in my new painting series.

I like them too - but still consider them ugly! For me, I am seeing that I can really like ugly.

lilasvb said...

i like your words about art journaling

Julie-ann Bowden said...

Your journal pages are so beautiful they are nourishing my soul too!

Thank you so much!

美好 said...

Gods mill grinds slow but sure........................................

Harnett-Hargrove said...

Stepping out onto the page is always a safe bet. -Jayne

nollyposh said...

You are a beautiful sensitive, like a fragile faerie of the most ancient kind and as such your art is from the ~magical places~ and this is why your being needs protection from the harsher worlde... Most 'normal' for such folke <3

Zom said...

Thank you Vicki. Your words heal me.
xox

the paris apartment said...

What a beautiful blog. I just arrived via Disrupted by Change. Your style is so inspiring. I'm going to post about you and your work on my next entry in fact! Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

交友104速配網,視訊交友,成人韭南籽,18成人,ut男同志聊天室,成人圖片區,交友104相親網,0951成人頻道下載,男同志聊天室,成人貼圖,成人影片,tt1069同志交友網,成人視訊,aio交友愛情館,情色視訊,情色視訊,色情遊戲,交友戀愛小站,jp成人,熊貓貼圖,成人圖片,成人文章,正妹,成人小說,杜蕾斯成人,ut 聊天室,熊貓貼圖區,交友聊天找e爵,ol制服美女影片,777成人區,bt成人,女同志聊天室,貼圖片區,一葉情貼圖片區,6k聊天室,69成人,成人貼圖站,色情影片,聊天室ut,免費成人影片,