Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Wednesday Art Journal Prompt

The New Year Resolution is an old and established tradition. But for me, I could never gather much interest in writing out a list of resolutions for the coming year. The reason is simply that I don't like being told what to do (even by myself, tee hee).

This year, rather than coming up with a list of things I have to do, I thought it was might be more interesting to think about what I want to leave behind.

With that thought in mind, here is this Wednesday's Art Journal Prompt:

For the coming year:
What are 3 things you are ready to be finished with?

It could be a state of mind, a certain attitude, a bad habit, a specific food, anything. It could be big thing, or something quite small. The idea isn't that you necessarily have to do anything to be rid of these three things, it is more like you are just consciously letting yourself know that you are ready to let them go. Then we will see what happens, if anything happens.

We might check when the end of 2010 rolls around.

8 comments:

iHanna said...

Writing things down is powerful, so just writing it down might be a great first step. Can't remember where I saw this tip, but someone suggested writing a "stop doing that" list, I liked that idea too. :-)

~Barb~ said...

what a great idea. i think i am going to do this very thing and decide what i will be leaving behind. good stuff, zom...thank you!

your journal pages are beautiful. i noticed that you said on the left how you thought you would write more about your life but that you haven't...just let go, zom. gotta quit thinking and just let it flow...i'm sure there's lots in there just waiting to get out. *hugs*

Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Zom said...

Barb, I always like to see your sweet face in my comments.
where can I go and see your creations?

La Dolce Vita said...

love these red pages and the big stencil... your work is always so inspiring! Happy New Year! Cheers!!

Rhomany said...

I'm the same about resolutions. I'm Aquarian and never met a rule I didn't want to break! I like this idea a lot.

Zom said...

Thanks La Dolce.
Rhomany, I hope you will link if you do it.

Chris said...

I love these pages, and the ones on the previous post. Don't you love a luscious background? yum.

I can't list all the things I want to do or stop doing! I just must take little baby steps.

Happy Happy 2010 to you!

Mariza said...

I was going through a journal from when 10 years ago and my resolutions were eerily similar. So I decided to stop making them because if I haven't done it in a DECADE I never will! yours is great idea!