Thursday, 3 December 2009

What Makes me Hate a Journal Page

As I went through my journals, looking for some of the ugliest pages, I noticed something. That what makes me hate an art journal page isn't whether it is ugly or not. In fact, quite a few of the ugly ones I really like.
What makes me not want to look at a page again, what makes me want to rip it out in anger, what makes me hate a page is when I feel I 'played it safe'. When I went for it looking 'good' rather than being real. When I went for giving a good impression rather than honesty.

7 comments:

Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

amen to that, sweetest soul!

and *waves to you from across the land* (i'm in canberra)

Poetic Artist said...

So true but we all do it.

lilasvb said...

hates and loves are sometime so close

Zom said...

*waving* to Leonie.

Thanks Poetic.

Hi Valerie.

Trish said...

I am loving your ugly pages posts! Maybe I will post another ugly one ;)

Zom said...

I don't remember you posting any uglies yet Trish, lol.
But please do.

Sharmon Davidson said...

I totally agree, I often struggle with this...have you read "Art and Fear"? It's a great book, I think you'd really enjoy it. i need to re-read it myself, I think!