Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Wednesday Art Journal Prompt

These are the pages I created in response to last Wednesday's art journal prompt about three things I want to leave behind in 2010. Is anyone playing? Don't forget to put a link in comments, I wanna see.

I am still thinking about our fresh start with the new year. Have you heard of your personal year number? (For an explanation of what numerology is, you can go here. I don't know a lot myself.) The personal year has to do with reducing your birthdate and the present year down to a single digit. For example, my birthday is July 18th - we don't need the year. I add 18 + 7 + the present year, 2010. That equals 2035. Then I add each single digit, 2 + 0 + 3 + 5 =10. I keep adding the single digits until the number is reduced to a single digit: 1 + 0 =1. One is my personal year for 2010.
To discover what happens on with your personal year, go here.

My personal year is 1:

Personal Year 1. . . .A New Beginning In Your Life
The current year is the beginning of a new nine year cycle for you. It holds the promise of being an exciting new adventure, with life taking on new challenges that pave the way for the next cycle of nine years in your life. This is a time to clarify your goals and it is a time to act on them. Hard work may be necessary to get a new venture moving. Your physical strength will be up during this year, perhaps higher than it has been for some time, as you have some special needs for this extra energy. If you are unable or unwilling to answer the call to change and make the move in your life the appears necessary now, your prospects may be delayed until the next cycle begins in nine years. Because of this, you feel like an adventure, a major change in your life, something new. New goals should be clearly set and worked toward, as this is really a new beginning of a nine year cycle and it is best not to dwell on the past at this time. This will be fairly easy for you to do because most of the problems and disappointments of the past will tend to disappear, leaving the way open for these new challenges. This is a great time; use it to its full advantage.

Then do an art journal page about it!

9 comments:

lilasvb said...

i like your page, very nice and lots of humour

Walk in the Woods said...

... live your life and let it unfold ...

I think you're doin' it, eh? Merry creating!

Mariza said...

I love the "something is going on...or going away" part. I like your prompts, I just have trouble being timely! I will post my response to this one in about 3 months (at this rate!!) :)

nollyposh said...

ooooh might give this a try DDZ X:-)
(Ps)When you have a tic i posted (some rather blurry pics) of some art journalling i did (((hugs)))

Chaotic Beauty said...

I LOVE your journals! What kind of journals do you use for your art journaling?

Zom said...

I change around with my journals. So far I have used a moleskine and two sizes of regular black bound sketchbooks. I love the moleskine for drawing, but not so much for painting.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

"There is something going on" is a wonderful expression about embracing the changes we aspire to for a new year's promises. The act of journaling is a sacred ritual...I love to return to old journals and I am often pleasantly surprised ...by myself. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart...snowbound in Newark, Ohio :-)

rosalind marie said...

I did a spread based on my personal year (8). If you want to take a look, it's here:

http://shyarra.livejournal.com/51455.html

I love your blog. Something new to follow regularly!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I came back to reread this affirming message about our changes in all our lives. I worked on my humble journal yesterday ...because of you and your inspiration. I have about four projects going today but thank you for your support. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart