Wednesday, 27 January 2010

Wednesday Art Journal Prompt

There is a lot of different inspiration happening in my life.

Classes are starting up again. This weekend is my workshop, the Six Secrets of Creativity. I am very excited - the weekend workshop is intense (which I love.) The following week art journaling classes start (yay! I miss my students when it's holidays. I love 'em.) And a couple of weeks after that my five week class at Byron Community College called Creativity will Change your Life. I am always open to new inspiration around teaching.

I have been taking a class in beginning bookbinding with Leslie, aka Comfortable Shoes. I finished my first journal. I am very excited to create in my own homemade journal. I am also looking into how to hand alter photos as I want to use more photos in my art journal.

Then, in my studio, I feel the need to gradually change how I am actually painting.

All this brings in a lot of inspiration. Sometimes I feel a bit dizzy.

The prompt for this Wednesday, (this is the last Wednesday prompt as classes are starting next week) is:
Who is your Hero? By hero I mean someone, living or dead, that you admire and would aspire to emulate. Even if it is just certain aspects of them. Your hero doesn't have to be a real person, it might be someone from a story or a cartoon.
Don't take this too seriously, just have a play. You can always pick someone else and do another page if you change your mind.

7 comments:

lilasvb said...

i will be happy to come to your class in february

Zom said...

I will be very happy to have you there. xx

Avital said...

Awesome page!!!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

You are one of my heroine...I wish I was closer ...Ohio is in the throes of harsh winter and frigid temperatures. One of my friends is visiting Australia in February and I wish I could go also!!! I worked on my small January Wolf Moon fiber assemblage today but will need much more time to embellish and quilt. I would love to be able to take one of your classes. Have FUN! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen

Zom said...

thanks Avital.

Gee Mary, i don't know what I did to deserve being anyone's hero, but thankyou.
It is uncomfortably hot here now. February will be nice.
I would love to have you in my class.

gayle said...

Love the coloured journalling :) I love the hero question, will give it some thought!

joyfulploys said...

Saw your link over at the ning group...I like your journaling style...for more prompts...have you seen this blog? http://www.squidoo.com/artfulalphabet
The woman who has this site no longer puts up new posts.
Mary