Thursday, 11 March 2010

Acknowledgement

Isn't it wonderful to receive acknowledgement? Is there any greater gift?

So different from flattery, acknowledgement is truthful and sincere. Purer than a compliment, it can be a simple statement of fact.

That painting made me cry.

You made the difference so I could try and create.

I never feel judged by you.

For the one acknowledged, to be told what someone has received from you helps you to know what you are giving. It can inform you of a talent or gift you have that you might not have been aware of. It can help you know what path you are on, that you are on track, or help you see yourself in another way.

Don't assume that a person knows what others receive from them. It is so difficult for us to see ourselves. They may have tried for years to be wise or loving or kind, and not be able to see that they are succeeding.

Thank you to those who have helped me with their acknowledgements. It is the confirmation that helps me to persist in the face of my self-doubt.

7 comments:

lilasvb said...

i like the red and blue play! it was so nice to see you

Poetic Artist said...

I do like this post. It is so true.
I also like the colors on your journal page.

oneartistjournal said...

So beautifully and profoundly said, and oh so true.
I've been here before and i enjoy your art work very much.
XOXOrly

nollyposh said...

...and yet it surprises me still that one as talented as you are, still has self doubt! Ahh well i guess it is just a side effect of the human condition? xox

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I so enjoy the "Idrawfast" quote...sometimes this is the only way I can get something down on paper in my journal ...I think we as artists will be perpetually plagued at times by self doubt. I will remind you that you have a generous incredible manner of sharing your processes. My spring birds are returning...the snow is almost gone... my daffodils are peeking up through the winter's rubble. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Poetic Artist said...

Honest Post...We all have self doubts. Your work is wonderful.

gayle said...

I love your posts :) so thought provoking! Another beautiful page, I love the doll :)