Friday, 7 May 2010

a New Idea

You know how it is, us creative types get bored easily. Well, that isn't really true. I don't usually get bored. There is always something waiting to be created.

But what I am trying to introduce here is that I feel the need to shake up my blog a bit. I get disinterested if I keep doing it the same way for too long. I began this blog giving a lot of tutorials. (So if you are new to art journaling and looking for tutorials, you can look through the blog archives on the left column, or you can go to the box underneath called 'labels' and click technique). Then I just went more into short raves while still posting my art journal pages.

Now I am thinking of trying out something a bit more organized. Have you heard of the practice of Technique Tuesday? How about Feminist Friday? Anyone know how it started? I don't, but I would like to. However it began, I think it's a cute idea.
I thought I might add Show and Tell Sunday, Message Monday, and Thoughtful Thursday. Wednesday is still available. Can anyone think of a word conveying daily life that begins with a "W"?

It isn't that I plan on blogging 6 days a week. It's about if you write something that fits in the category, that is the day of the week you post it. I might give it a go (as we say in Australia.)

2 comments:

rhomany said...

I've seen a few people doing 'Wordless Wednesday'.

Rochelle said...

I like the idea, and I think it's indeed good to shake things up -- whether it be your blog/journals/life/looks/food/exercise!