Saturday, 15 May 2010

Show and Tell Saturday- Commitment Art Journal page

I thought it might be interesting to post these pages after the ones from last week. In last week's pages I drew the girl directly onto the pages. In these pages, I photocopied her, cut her out and pasted her in. Because it is a photocopy and not an inkjet print (computer printers are mostly inkjet) I can paint over the top. I have fun reusing my drawings this way. You can also print them out larger or smaller, or in black and white.

As for what I have written in the pages, my commitment, I figure 'success' is open to interpretation. I don't necessarily mean success in the eyes of the world, but it means that I won't give up on my work. I am committed to finding a path that is right for me and my artwork.

5 comments:

Poetic Artist said...

Ilike your journal pages.. I really like what you are saying to your self.

Odd Chick said...

blown away by your drawings! i loved checking out all your journal pages and ideas!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Success is the fact you are speaking out loud their deepest dreams and convictions...I think revisiting our hand drawn images is such a positive use of powerful energy! Have a great weekend! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

jane said...

Zom, Show and Tell Saturday.
Feminist Friday, Thoughtful Thursday,
Message Monday. I love all the days of the week...

Karin Bartimole said...

I like the strong affirming power of your words - the decision has been made, it's a done deal! and yet, there can still be nurturing and tenderness, as depicted with the girl and her rabbit. I didn't read all the finer print (my eyeballs are tired at this late hour!), but this is what i get from these pages, and I resonate with them.