Saturday, 29 May 2010

Show and Tell Saturday- Grateful Art Journal page

These pages are several layers. First I glued down some torn out book pages. I glue them with acrylic matt medium because it will keep them stuck down through the wet paint I add later. Then I gessoed a single coat over both pages and followed with layers of paint rubbed in with a paper towel. I think I added the cadmium red with a credit card.

The girl is a photocopy of an earlier drawing. I coloured over her vest and hat with a charcoal inktense pencil after gluing her down. It's fun to change the copies when I reuse them. With the black, she looks less sweet than she did in the initial drawing.

I was writing down 3 things I am grateful for each day. It was good but I got bored with it after a week or so. I can see that it could have been good to have persisted. I imagine there would be a point where I would have written down most of the obvious stuff and it could have gotten really interesting.

4 comments:

lilasvb said...

really like this journal page

Ansota said...

Very nice page

little sheep said...

very pretty :)

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I have to remember to make some copies of drawings once I get them out...I love the continued processes and the story unfolding quietly before my eyes. I have a lot on my plate right now...some big decisions to make now that the exhibit is up and I sold a couple of works so I might have a chance to build my dream. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart