Thursday, 6 January 2011

An Unplanned Drawing

You know how you have ideas that just stick around? Ones that usually start with "I really should..." But they don't make you feel guilty (not like when I think about gardening), the idea feels like it would be fun. There might be a little anxiety, but it is a kind of excited feeling.

For me the idea that has been hanging around (months or longer) has been to draw with nothing in mind and see what evolves. And to do this regularly over a length of time.
I draw regularly but I usually have something planned, and I draw from life or photo references. Drawing is quite different when you are making it all up. Usually the drawing comes out simpler and less skilled. Here is the first one. I think she took about 40 minutes.

2 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

sweet as can be~

PaperPumpkin said...

Lovely! I love your sketches adn talent! I am psyching myself to jump back into sketching...and everyday, too. For some reason, I am having a hard time jumping back in. Ack!