Thursday, 13 January 2011

Working on another 'Old' Painting

I have begun working on this painting again after about 8 months. I put it aside when I was doing work for a group show in Byron Bay. I talk about that process and another painting I have picked up here. It feels good to work on these paintings again. Sometimes I will leave work for many months finding that when I return to it I am able to know what it needs as I didn't before.

Some paintings just 'die' and I never work on them again. Some seem to need time to sleep. Or maybe it is me that needs the time, to learn what I need to know to go further.
I worked on the window and its curtain, the doorway, her dress and the cloud. There is still a long way to go. I would say the painting is about 2/3 done though it is difficult to know for sure.

6 comments:

Teressa Thompson said...

Incredible work! Love it! Found you when I was checking my ranking for my art journal prompts!

Tee
green isles crafts

susan christensen said...

I like what you are doing with the clouds. And agree, paintings need time to breath, percolate, and otherwise lie fallow to become their best.

Zom said...

Thanks Teressa, good to meet you.

Susan, I like the way you express it.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I love your returning to this painting...are you Okay with all the floods I am seeing I have been really worrying about my Aussie friends. I still have not heard back from Brisbane or Toowoomba. Be safe and carry on girl!!! Imagine and live in Peace, mary helen Fernandez Stewart

Zom said...

Thanks for your concern Mary Helen.
The floods missed where we are, though there has been a lot of rain. It is receding in Brisbane too.

nollyposh said...

Omigoodness this one is awesome already X:-)