Friday, 18 February 2011

Remember the Dress that Sucked?

Yeah, this one. The muumuu-clown dress. Incredibly ugly. And do you remember what I was going to try? (check out the post if you don't).
Ta-dah!
It may not be perfect, but you gotta admit it is a big improvement.
It even has side pockets. Yippee.
The bodice I took from a thrift dress that I had. It is barer than I would like.

I am still looking for a good dresslet pattern. The one I used to make the original dress obviously does not qualify.

4 comments:

susan christensen said...

The fitted bodice does the trick! Tah dah indeed!

Ricë said...

Yes, this is much, much better! Since you know how to sew, couldn't you make a simple bodice pattern from that bodice, making the neckline higher or whatever less-bare adjustments you want? I always go for non-fitted, and then the pattern pieces are easy to adjust until I get them the way I want them.

Kathryn Usher said...

I like this one. You should make a huge gaudy fabric flower from the leftover fabrics and wear it as a necklace or pin it on the bodice.

I love fabric jewelry! http://www.flickr.com/photos/54905826@N00/5164439803/in/photostream/

Connie said...

I love it Zom!