Sunday, 19 June 2011

What I Wore Today Drawings

Nearly a month ago I wrote a blog post about wanting to draw more. Over the years I have gotten a bit too ego-involved in the whole thing and it has lost some of its fun.

I found this cool flickr site called What I wore today and started drawing and posting.
Because I am drawing my self, I feel free to make them wonky.
(The red sweater came out really well when I used some new art markers I bought from Dick Blick. But unfortunately they went through my page and ruined a drawing on the other side so I couldn't continue.)

I can play and experiment, and it combines nicely with my recent interest in thrifting and refashioning clothes.
I am having some challenges with my scanner and colour.
I was using mostly watercolour and watercolour pencils. I am not happy with them because the pages don't accept the watercolour very well. It often splotches.
Here I am just using coloured pencil. I enjoy that on the moleskine pages, but it doesn't scan as well. These look better in real life than they do here.
Here is the last one I have done. Do you think they are changing?

12 comments:

amy said...

i am going to stalk this blog starting right now. but i'm fuckall tired right now, so i have to stalk properly tomorrow.

xx,
amy

susan christensen said...

Hey, Zom - I really like the last drawing (all of them, but the last esp) because it appears your drawing style is relaxing and softening. You are kicking my enthusiasm for this project back into gear. love, sus

lilasvb said...

reallu love this project

Connie said...

Zom, you so very rock.

nollyposh said...

i ~Love~ em all! Especially the pink checked scarf one-Great lOOk X:-)

Zom said...

Gee, thanks you guys. I feel encouraged :)

Poetic Artist said...

These are so fun. They also wonderful..You are so talented..

urbandon (Don Pezzano) said...

Terrific drawings.

Rochelle said...

oh my gah i love these! I used to photograph my outfits in the 80's - they were outrageous and I wore them on the street! eek! These are wonderful

Zom said...

Rochelle, why don't you send me a few photos and I will draw one? I am tired of drawing me.

Joey Biber said...

The "What I Wore" craze did a great job and got you into drawing again, and to work on the clothes just adds to the sparkle. Your works rock and your clothes are splendid! It must have been hard to choose a favorite, wasn't it?

Zom said...

gee, thanks Joey.
Not so hard to pick a favourite as I mostly wear the studio clothes. Whenever I would dress to 'go out' that would be what I would draw.