Thursday, 14 July 2011

a New Drawing

This drawing is called Kikuyu Grass. (I recommend clicking on the drawing as you can't see it very well in the small version). Kikuyu is a species of grass that is considered a weed in Australia because it takes over from our native grasses. It was originally planted for cows because it grows quickly, survives drought and is tough as nails.

This drawing, along with two others of mine, will be in the group show Drawn Forth at the Retrospect Galleries on the Gold Coast in Australia. It looks like there will be an interesting mix of artists. I love drawings. The show opens tomorrow night at 6pm. Unfortunately I am fighting off the flu and won't be able to attend.

8 comments:

Jeanie Thorn said...

Zom, wonderful drawing. She is just beautiful.

Kel said...

sorry to hear you have the flu and will miss out on an exhibition opening you are part of :(

kikuyu grass is an intriguing and delightful drawing and i bet it will sell on opening night

Zom said...

Jeanie, I am so glad you like the drawing.

Kel, thank you for the vote of confidence. I hope you are right!

ZenDotStudio said...

your drawing is beautiful! It has this lovely, haunting, ethereal feel to it.

La Dolce Vita said...

this is just wonderful... i am loving this series that you are doing with the vine woman and now the grasses, i really get this...

Zom said...

Thanks Zen, 'haunting and ethereal" is just what I would hope for.

La Dolce, I am so glad you like them - and get them!

Sharmon Davidson said...

The drawing is exquisite; it touches me in a way I can't explain. Congrats on the show! And feel better, too.

Lana said...

May I post a link/picture of your drawing on my blog? http://lanakitcher.blogspot.com. Of course I will write your name and attach a link to the source. Please let me know.