Tuesday, 27 December 2011

Secret Code

Okay, is it lame for an adult to make a secret alphabet?
I don't think so. But I did notice that I didn't mention it when we went to a friend's for dinner last night. Even though it was the most exciting thing that I had done that day.
Here it is on a largely unfinished art journal page.
These are pages from one of my latest art journal. The one I have not been posting (mostly).

I have been doing a couple of 'private' art journals because I want to make sure that I am not censoring myself. I like to share my art journals with my students, and online, so it hasn't been a great solution.

I am imagining a combination of mostly normal writing with some coded writing when I feel the need. Usually it would be entries about specific people or sometimes private angst stuff. Or, I could actually combine it with normal writing, like people's names could be in code.

I haven't used it a lot, but even so I notice that I am already remembering some of the alphabet. I wonder if I could get to the point where I could read it.

I think it looks kind of cool too.

3 comments:

lynne h said...

i ADORE your made-up alphabet! i feel very fortunate to know someone who has their own alphabet...

xoxo

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I think we all need a special alphabet when we are least expected to...adults need to have fun too! Peace, Mary Helen

Kel said...

i think talking about a secret alphabet would be a great dinner party converation