Saturday, 14 January 2012

My Artist Studio

I should write a post about my drawing class, but instead I want to show you these photos of my studio. I have taken them for the 21 Secrets Workshop (my class is called Alternate Lives) video I am making.

This is walking from the house. It is about 10 metres.
Here is the front view. On a slight hill which the camera has exaggerated. The studio is smaller than it looks here.
Here is part of the inside. It is always messy. Clear roofing on the back brings in more light, but also makes it impossible to heat or cool.
You are looking through a doorway into my 'writing room' which is by the front door. I had it added on years ago when I was writing two (two!) novels, which I never finished. Now I have stored some old paintings in it and there is room for this small table.
The view out the window. There are lots of animals around our place: wallabies, goannas, echidnas, birds and snakes. It can be quite entertaining through this window.

12 comments:

Anhelo said...

You have a lovely studio. I need to put mine outside of the house. Congrats!

www.anheloescalante.net

Tracey Broome said...

What a great space. Wish I had seen this back in March when I was looking for ideas. I ended up buying a kit and it works fine, but like yours it is impossible to heat and cool!

Kel said...

that's weird, i was just thinking i might do a post about my studio...and then i see yours

it's always fun to take a peek into someone else's studio space

there is so much light in your studio
and your writing room looks inviting

Kel said...

and i just worked out why i love it all so much

green

painted walls and scenery surrounding

such a favourite colour

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

What a lovely studio...in the middle of a rainforest paradise. I love the colors...soft green and purple trim...lovely. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Geoffrey Gilmour said...

Now there's a VERY tidy studio...

Ellie said...

I'm in love with your studio! I love the little writing space that is separate from your painting area.

Bren said...

I can hear your studio calling me :-) It's a wonderful space, bright and inviting. Oh and that purple chair among all the other interesting elements that you work among.
And Kel, make sure you do that post on your studio!

Zom said...

Thanks you guys, for coming and commenting. :)

Mandel said...

Amazing studio!!
I wish I had a space like that to create art...

Mandel

Jeni Gray said...

Wow, Zom, this is incredibly cool! Perfect for the creative imagination to wander. :)

susan christensen said...

Such a bright, clean and warm looking space, Zom. I love all your windows and all that green! -sus