Friday, 20 April 2012

Inspiration

I spent the evening drawing this little cosmos that I peeled off the lemon tree yesterday. The picture is actually a little larger than my drawing. I did it with my micron pen - I don't know if I used 01 or 02 as the writing has worn off. 
 As it didn't need perfect proportions I just drew straight into it with ink. Gee, it was a lovely way to spend my time.

I should have taken a photo of the tree - you can see its trunk in the background. Instead as usual, I was thinking only of reference photos so this is what I shot. I wish I had had some beautiful model I could have draped it on, but still you get the idea. It is an amazing conglomeration of moss and two vines. 

Here is the journal spread, it just happened to land next to an evocative poem by ee cummings.

4 comments:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

What a beautiful work of art....ee cummings is perfect match! peace, Mary helen Fernandez stewart

Caterina Giglio said...

looking forward to drawing this summer, when things get going... what wonderful inspiration you have and such fabulous greenery on your arm... perfect for your series..

susan christensen said...

A beautiful study, Zom, and an admirable way to spend an evening. xxoo, sus

Zom said...

Thanks Mary Helen, really just a coincidence. I find that happens a lot in art journaling.

Caterina, isn't it? That is why I would have loved a model to drape it on.

Thanks Sus. What I do instead of gardening, haha.