Saturday, 9 June 2012

Around My Neighbourhood


One of my favourite beaches for a walk is in a nearby town called Brunswick Heads. 

It has been wintry lately.

We pretty much had the place to ourselves yesterday.

Back at my place in the hills, we have had a visitor the past few days.
There are a few goannas on the land. This one is about four and a half feet.
The building is a combination of our tool shed and the compost lou. 

He isn't dangerous unless you try and grab him or something. They have big claws and can run very fast.

4 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

he reminds me of the gila monsters in Arizona, they look scary, but they have a live and let live philosophy... lovely winter beach, how nice to be close to the beach, Zom, I am so thrilled for you!

Zom said...

Close is relative. Australia is a big country and we are used to driving distances. The beach is a 30 - 40 minute drive, but that is 'close' to me. And there are such beautiful beaches here.

susan christensen said...

Oh, Zom - How beautiful your beach is! I'd love to meet your visitor - he/she looks very interesting (from a distance)!
I thought of you today as I refashioned a long sleeved T into a dress. xxoo, sus

Kel said...

you're making man of the house very homesick showing beaches from his home territory