Saturday, 2 June 2012

A Few Drawings from My Art Journal

I am trying to draw with my new nib pen in my art journal.


It is pretty awkward. I am used to a Micron, which draws an unchanging narrow straight line, . The nib pen has to be dipped into an ink pot to fill it with ink, sometimes the ink flows nicely from the nib, sometimes not. The paper in my art journal is probably a little rough for pen work. 

I plan to persist because the pen is so pretty. 

Well, that isn't the only reason. I like the changing width of the line (pretty much why everyone uses a dip pen). 

This drawing was a little more successful, but it could be a while before I feel graceful with this pen. 

Why is she sitting on a goat? Good question. I thought it was more interesting than a horse.

We used to have goats. They are wonderful affectionate animals. We had a nubian goat like this one. She was a most beautiful goat, and so smart. Intelligence turns out not to be an easy quality in a goat. She would get out of her fenced area and as most people know, goats will eat pretty much anything. Constant trouble but oh so cute.


6 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

I learned to use a dip pen when I was a young girl, it does take practice but you might even like it better than a micron after a while...

lilasvb said...

i like it a lot

Laura Farrow said...

what? your drawings are exquisite.

Zom said...

Thanks you guys. I am just finding that I am a bit stiff with it. Practice, practice.

Harnett-Hargrove said...

With practice, it will give you the exact calligraphic line you want at any time... Using different sticks also give interesting lines. -J

Anonymous said...

i love your pictures . espeacially my art journal.