Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Liar Liar Art Journal Page

I am taking a blog holiday, so forgive me if I don't get back to your comments. I am reposting some older art journal pages that I created when I first began.
This page makes me smile. I like the contradictions in it. It basically began in an explosion of self loathing. (Guess who the liar was?)
The very beginning wasn't self loathing. It was removable masking tape with a wash of watercolour paints. I was trying out a new technique. It was fun.
These are magazine cut outs. I liked the bold, black accusation against the pretty pretty pink and orange background. And the ambiguity of the woman's hands holding an apple.
I am enjoying my letter stencils. 
Finally the quote on the left page is from a blog friend who is no longer online. I found her words a tremendous comfort against the arrows of self-judgement.

2 comments:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I am smiling too...we lost our DSL connection for a bit so I am glad to catch up with your smiles! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Alison said...

Hi love, have been enjoying looking at your blog again. Thanks for posting all your processes with your pages. Pretty sure it was Leonard Cohen not Omar Khayyam who wrote "Ring the bells that still can ring...etc" its one of my fav songs.