Saturday, 20 October 2012

Going New Places

Don't you find it stimulating to go new places? They don't have to be far away. It can be as simple as driving a block over from your usual route on the way somewhere.

I drove my DH to the airport Thursday to visit his mother in Adelaide. I drove a back way home so I could check out some thrift shops. The thrift shops near where I live aren't very fruitful. Our area is full of tourists and poor locals, neither who make for good thrift shopping.

Here was one of my finds along the way. A beach I hadn't visited before.
video

It is in a developed tourist area. I had always assumed, for no good reason, that the Gold Coast beaches weren't as nice as ours. But it was breathtakingly beautiful. 
You can see the 'real' Gold Coast in the distance. It was a windy day.

There were people swimming even though the water was rough. Australians are fish in the water. Little kids 5 or 6 years old swim out in rougher water than I would venture into. I grew up in the Pacific Northwest with oceans too cold to swim in. I am still not capable in the ocean, but I love to swim.

There was a beautiful walkway over the water. I went for a windy walk. I had wanted to draw but the weather convinced me otherwise.

5 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

This looks soooo beautiful. You're from the Northwest! I've been there for five years and am still not used to the cold water and gray winters.

Zom said...

Where did you move from Sherrie?
I was born in the Northwest and still never got used to the grey weather, haha.

Zom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caterina Giglio said...

oh this makes me yearn for those caribbean beaches, just beautiful...

susan christensen said...

Oh, Zom! Sooo beautiful - and WARM. xxoo, sus