Thursday, 18 October 2012

Jeans Skirt 2, another Refashion


I turned my Levi 501's into a jean skirt. The jeans fit around the waist but were uncomfortably tight at my thighs. I am moderately pleased with the refashion. The added fabric is from a beautiful maxi dress that I wore once. Sadly yes, only once. It was too bare on top.

There is a little appliqué on the front pocket.

Sorry about the photo distortion. My DH took the photos and he is not comfortable with a camera. The skirt is the length in the first photo.

Here is the appliqué on the back pocket. I just cut out one of the paisley flowers from the fabric. I regret that I cut the left side straight. 

I think it turned out more interesting than the first jeans skirt reconstruction. Which one do you prefer?

7 comments:

Ricë said...

Definitely the second one--it quite fabulous! And the fit is way, way more flattering. Tiered skirts are just difficult. I've made some, and I was never happy with them.

I love how this new one fits you and how it still seems to be loose enough at the bottom to let you move freely. That's the key for me: fits at the top but full enough at the bottom to let me sit cross-legged in it.

Zom said...

Thanks Ricë. Looking at the photos I think I agree about the flattering thing.

I can sit cross-legged in it. That is one reason for the side gores.

lilasvb said...

i like it

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I am not sure about the first one...the balance seems off to me. The second one is lovely! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Caterina Giglio said...

lol and I love the first one... but i am a paisley lover, and the print is fab...

Zom said...

Yes Mary Helen, I think you are right.

Caterina, I love the fabric too. It was originally a very bare maxi dress. There is a lot of the fabric and I want to keep using it. Hopefully I won't get sick of it. I love the colours.

Sharon Robb-Chism said...

The second one. It fits you better and is more flattering. And the colors seem to work better. Nice job on both, though. :=)