Wednesday, 6 March 2013

New Watercolour Drawing, Under Night Wings

 I have been working on a few coloured pencil with watercolour drawings. This one is recently finished, it is called 'Under Night Wings'.

I like to work on my pieces for a long time. I am fascinated by subtlety - which doesn't always come across in photos on the internet. I am hoping that detail shots will reveal a bit nuance.

 We have been going through terrible storms the last few weeks. Unending rain. Our poor beaches have suffered  terribly. We have lost so much beach that it can be impossible to get down to them.

I get a cabin fever and try to go out on the few days that it stops raining.

I have been working on the new refashion project. Another men's t-shirt, this time I am making it into a woman's t-shirt. That may not sound like a big change but I think it will look quite different as I have turned around the front design to the back, and the back design to the front. 

If you want to see the original t-shirt, and the design that was on the front go here.

As you can see, all has not been perfect. As if it ever is, haha. Somehow I managed to cut one side out longer than the other. Because it is all hand-stitched I am not quite sure how this is going to work out. I will be cutting off that hanging bit, but I have a feeling it will still be rather lop-sided. 

I am attempting to create a new website. To do this I am having to teach myself Wordpress. It is all quite slow with a big learning curve. And everything takes much longer than I ever would have imagined. But I hope when I am finished to have a much better showcase for my art. In the meantime it is taking a lot of time and energy, some of which I probably could have been putting into this blog.

Oh, one final thing I wanted to show you. My new sewing books from Amazon. I have a fantasy to create a few basic simple patterns that actually fit me that I can make and remake in different ways.


3 comments:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

These new works are stunning...you have such a delicate hand with watercolors. You are having too much fun re-designing! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Caterina Giglio said...

would love to see them up close, i am sure it would be different in person... brave you in working with your refashion projects... hope it is more fun than headache..

Shannon said...

Love the drawings! great seeing, delicate rendering. Thanks for sharing. Shannon