|Clarrie Hall Dam|
The dam was so still that it reflected the clouds like an entry into another universe.
|Pink Pooh Refashioned T-shirt in progress|
I sewed that bottom edge onto my pink t-shirt refashion. I sure do work slow. I figure I am living what they call a slow life.
I am thinking of embroidering a few good Pooh quotes on the back. Maybe I will need a little writing on the front as well. What do you think?
I did do stuff in the studio this week, but it was mostly refining my watercolour drawings so nothing really to show.
This is a photograph of my other 'painting' work. I got a sunny day on Saturday to repaint one of the studio windows. I get unhappy if I do too much practical stuff at one time, so I do a bit and stop.
That is why some of the windows are underpainted and others aren't. I do housework things in short spurts, at the most an hour or so. I am not one of those who can spend the entire day cleaning or gardening.
The above is my studio by the way.
|cotton-angora T-shirt Refashion|
These are the stencils that I decided on. I think the geometric shapes will work better with the two-toned sleeves than the beetle stencil I tried last week would have. But they don't have personal meaning for me so it is a bit of a compromise. They are free stencils available from the book Alabama Studio Sewing and Design.
The designs on the two sheets are actually different sizes. I plan to use the larger one for the stencilling, Then appliqué the smaller size on top in the grey jersey.
Here it is with the sleeves attached. I am thinking it will be easier to stencil it before I sew up the sides. The sleeves are two-toned because I didn't have enough fabric in the old sleeves to make the new ones so I had to piece. Those kind of things that you can't control are part of what I love about refashioning.
So here I am pinning on the appliqué to see the best place to put it. I really think bringing in more grey fabric is going to help make the t-shirt more harmonious.
The only problem is that I don't like the new shapes. Maybe they are too small, maybe they aren't funky enough. They just aren't working for me.
So I found another stencil pattern (also from Alabama Chanin) - this is my third try at finding a stencil that will work for this refashion. I copied it in a few different sizes and made two of them into a stencil. I am going to mix the two paints together, some red and some white for stencilling. The black gesso on the left is just holding the stencil down.
I have painted it on and now I wait for it to dry. I feel optimistic. Hopefully I will have more to show you next week.